Friday, October 22, 2010

Seriously, raining.

Last night I went to an elaborate costume, murder mystery dinner party with a bunch of people I don't know.  It was an awesome set-up, not only because it was in a beautiful lodge in Park City, but also because during the coarse of the evening/day, I experienced a deluge of men such as I have never experienced before. 

First, I was distracted because the party was keeping me from talking to Boy I Really Like.

Second, because I had a date the next day with a boy who is not Boy I Really Like, and I was trying to decide if that was unfair to both of the boys. 

Third, because a guy I used to make out with but haven't spoken to in six months had randomly started calling, texting, and g-chatting me that day.

So that was the set-up. 

A few minutes after I arrived I was approached by a very handsome young man I had never seen before but inexplicably knew exactly who I was and was excited to meet me.  Turns out it was Peter, who has been on my "Potential Romantic Partner" list for several months.  We have four totally unrelated mutual friends and at least two of them have been trying to hook us up ever since my break-up.  Oddly, in the murder myster play (where all the guests have roles) he was cast as the man the lord of the manor was forcing me to marry against my will.  So it was hard to seperate life from art, but there was a lot of flirty interaction there.  That was a fun.  He seems like my type of guy, which was fun.

Then, during the party I get a voicemail from The Physicist, who I had written off because he hadn't called in three weeks.  Apparently, he'd like me to write him back in.

Next, I got a text message message from My Ex telling me that he'd broken it off with a girl he'd been dating.  Why would he bother to tell me that?  I'm not sure, but Boy I Really Like is convinced that he's trying to plan a comeback.  S.O.L. loser!  Still, it's good to know that he might be ruing the day he let me slip away.  Ha ha ha!

Throughout the evening, I was also constantly surrounded by the boy who was assigned to be my secret serf love.  He was definitely interested as manifested by the constant attempts at snuggling and  more so by the fact that he ran down a mountain to get my car as soon as I wanted to leave.

In hindsight, I realize that the Sheriff (role assigned in the play, not his actual profession) was around a whole lot and kept talking to me.  I didn't realize it at the time because I was busy texting (I gave up paying attention to the party after 2.5 hours), but whenever I looked up from my texting, he was there asking me about myself, etc.  So, maybe I missed an opportunity there, but that's okay. 

It was one of those days wonderful days when I felt like the world was my oyster and things were just lining up for me.  Because these things always happen once you decide to stop looking, which is pretty much where I am right now, which is very happy. 

2 comments: